YouTube prankster has to be rescued after ‘cementing’ his head inside a microwave.

A British YouTube prankster cemented his head inside a microwave, but the stunt backfired so badly that he almost died, and had to be rescued by the fire brigade.

YouTube prankster Jay Swingler originally planned to fill a store-bought microwave with quick-dry cement, bury his head in it, and wait for it to harden.

He hoped to stay alive in the meantime by using a breathing tube in his mouth.

The 22-year-old and his co-star, Romell Henry, jointly run the TGFbro YouTube channel, where they post videos of themselves performing pranks such as setting themselves in jelly overnight and bathing in fake tan.

But halfway through the stunt, his breathing tube got blocked.

YouTube prankster Swingler’s friends attempted to get him out by breaking the cement and dismantling the microwave — but the cement kept expanding, which kept Swingler stuck inside.

After a futile hour and a half, they called 999 for help. Five firefighters and at least two paramedics attended the scene and wrangled with the microwave for another hour before getting it off Swingler.

“We’re seriously unimpressed,” West Midlands Fire Service tweeted. “Five of our firefighters were tied up for an hour this afternoon, freeing a YouTube pranker whose head had been ‘cemented’ inside a microwave oven.”

Shaun Dakin, the fire service’s watch commander, also told the BBC: “All of the group involved were very apologetic, but this was clearly a call-out which might have prevented us from helping someone else in genuine, accidental need.”

“I’ve never appreciated life so much, ever,” Swingler said after the incident.

“Please don’t try this yourself. Like, please don’t try this.”

YouTube prankster Swingler’s near-death experience has made good TV, however — his video has been watched more than 824,000 times since it was published on Thursday afternoon.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here